Thursday, August 03, 2006

Heat

This sweltering heat is really starting to get to me. I think it's effecting my brain cells. Can brain cells boil? If they can...then they are! The air is so thick it feels like I'm surrounded by hot soup.

Thankfully, I have an air-conditioner in my bedroom so I am able to sleep in the cool and comforting, artificially chilled air. Unfortunately, every fifteen minutes my air conditioner does some sort of switching gears that startles me and wakes me momentarily. I'm not sure if it is seriously effecting my sleep (REM?), but it just might be. This couldt explain my recent grouchiness...or maybe it's just the HEAT!

On a sidenote, my brother-in-law may be going to London for 4-6 months for work. His company would be paying for his family (my sister and niece) to go along with him and live in London for the duration of his work. This would be an incredible experience for all of them. London is the most wonderful city in the world, full of history and beauty that is incomparable. I would love for them to have this experience, but at the same time, a small part of me doesn't want them to go. I can't imagine not seeing my sister or my niece for 6 MONTHS! I guess I will just have to go along as the "nanny". :-)

No comments: